Sometimes I feel the only thing coming out of my mouth are the negative thoughts tumbling in my head.
Often those thoughts roll and merge until I don’t even notice the blue of the sky or my eyes that are still able to see it, if I just would stop, breath and see it all.
I have to consciously list 5 things everyday I am grateful for. Five events that I appreciate.
Some days five is a lot.
Rather vague. There is no intimacy with my life in that list.
- The late night run with Ciera to Cheese cake factory to share a Godiva
- My after work comfy’s that Wistie shared with me from the Gap.
- My patio where I can sit, lay and ponder next to a warm fire.
- An assignment that is so incredibly challenging, but feeling a sense of pride and ownership in the effort.
- Planning a fondue night with my kids at the end of the month. YUM!
That wasn’t easy, but I felt a spark of joy.
Another day. I can do this.